Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Croatia
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Croatia? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is recommended.
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
Motorcycles must carry a first-aid kit containing suitable wound dressings and in dustproof packaging. High-visibility vests must be carried with you and worn in the event of a breakdown.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer
Motorcycles must have their headlight on even during the daytime. A set of spare bulbs must be carried.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 90 km/h
- Dual carriageways (expressways): 110 km/h
- Motorways (freeways): 130 km/h (Drivers under the age of 25: 50/80/100/110)
- A toll is payable on motorways (freeways) in Croatia
- Various tunnels and the bridge on the island of Krk also charge a toll.
Legal alcohol limit
0.05% (0.0% up to the age of 24)
Motorcycle trips across the Croatia borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Croatia neighbouring countries.
© xbrchx – stock.adobe.com