LUCAS BRAKE-PADS SINTER
MCB 533 SV
Manufacturer details: TRW
Every second counts when you brake!
TRW Lucas has been manufacturing premium-quality motorbike spare parts since 1976 (ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949) and is the German market leader for brake discs, brake pads and steel-braided lines. Every time that product tests have been carried out by trade publications over the past 30 years, they have confirmed the excellent quality of these products. They have won test after test. Every second counts when you brake! Don't settle for anything less than quality products from the market leader.
Professional technical expertise is essential to fit this article. We therefore urge you to have it installed by a motorcycle workshop!
German type approval ("ABE)" allows the accessory concerned to be used on the vehicle models listed in the test report. Here it is the type abbreviation and not the maker's designation that is important for identifying the vehicle. The test report must be kept with the vehicle and shown on request if you are stopped at a roadside check or at the regular safety inspection at the TÜV test centre.
Accessories with ABE type approval do not have to be entered in the vehicle registration documents. To avoid always having to always take the test report with you, you can have a relevant entry made by TÜV (subject to a charge).
If you wish to use an accessory on a vehicle not listed in the type approval, TÜV inspection is necessary. Although ABE type approval confirms the proper installation and safety of the product, it is the inspector who has to decide according to his technical expertise whether it is suitable for use on the vehicle.
LUCAS BRAKE-PADS SINTER
MCB 533 SV
TRW sintered metal brake pads:
- A top-quality product with excellent braking performance
- Immediately responsive, well controlled braking
- Minimal hand force required; coordinated front and rear coefficient of friction
- Recommended by leading trade journals for years now.
- The KBA (German Motor Transport Authority) code on the back plate guarantees that the component has type approval for Germany.
- All-metal components, containing no heavy metal, offer long service life and excellent braking efficiency.
- Superb wet braking performance.
- Good disc compatibility - can be used with all steel discs.
- To see the exact dimensions of the brake pads have a look in the Documents area.
- The price quoted is per set for one brake disc.
You MUST observe the safety instructions printed on the packaging. Organic brake pads can be found in a separate section.
Test reportsIssue 12-2018
In its 12-2018 issue, "Tourenfahrer" magazine tested various brake pads on the Suzuki GSX-S750. Lucas sintered brake pads (and one rival brand) were awarded a TOURENFAHRER RECOMMENDATION. The following features were given special mention:
- Very predictable braking performance
- Good brake control
- Consistent pressure point
- Top performance, low priceIssue 5-2017
In its 5-2017 issue, "Motorrad News" magazine tested eight brake pads on the Kawasaki Z650. Lucas Sintered Metal Brake Pads (together with one competitor) was awarded a "MOTORRAD NEWS RECOMMENDATION". The following features were given special mention:
- Very good controllability of braking force, very good response
- Moderate hand force
- Minimal fade
- Very short braking distance
- Very long life
- Good value for money