LUCAS BRAKE DISC, FRONT
Manufacturer details: TRW
Every second counts when you brake!
TRW Lucas has been manufacturing premium-quality motorbike spare parts since 1976 (ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949) and is the German market leader for brake discs, brake pads and steel-braided lines. Every time that product tests have been carried out by trade publications over the past 30 years, they have confirmed the excellent quality of these products. They have won test after test. Every second counts when you brake! Don't settle for anything less than quality products from the market leader.
Professional technical expertise is essential to fit this article. We therefore urge you to have it installed by a motorcycle workshop!
German type approval ("ABE)" allows the accessory concerned to be used on the vehicle models listed in the test report. Here it is the type abbreviation and not the maker's designation that is important for identifying the vehicle. The test report must be kept with the vehicle and shown on request if you are stopped at a roadside check or at the regular safety inspection at the TÜV test centre.
Accessories with ABE type approval do not have to be entered in the vehicle registration documents. To avoid always having to always take the test report with you, you can have a relevant entry made by TÜV (subject to a charge).
If you wish to use an accessory on a vehicle not listed in the type approval, TÜV inspection is necessary. Although ABE type approval confirms the proper installation and safety of the product, it is the inspector who has to decide according to his technical expertise whether it is suitable for use on the vehicle.
LUCAS BRAKE DISC, FRONT
For their new generation of brake discs, TRW uses very hard steel. It is extremely durable, can be heated to an operating temperature in excess of 600 degrees and continues to function without any adverse effects.
- All discs come with type approval for Germany, including for scooter and Supermoto conversions
- Very low wear; up to 30% longer life than conventional discs
- Special surface finish prevents vibrations and improves brake-pad fit
- Floating brake discs have titanium-coloured milled inner rings
- Floating discs have a securely fitted floater to prevent annoying rattle
- Thanks to high-performance floaters, they can also be used in racing without any problems
- protection due to high proportion of stainless steel
- Laser-machining makes for lightweight construction with fine contours
- Each brake disc is individually compatible with organic and sintered brake pads from the full TRW range
- When changing the brake discs, be sure to change the pads as well (not included - order separately).
- The brake discs are supplied individually; for double-disc systems, please order two.
- Read the enclosed safety instructions prior to installation.
List of compatible motorcycles:
HONDA CBR 125 R (JC34)
HONDA CBR 125 R (JC39)
HONDA CBR 600 F (PC19)
HONDA CBR 600 F (PC23)
HONDA CBR 600 F (PC25)
HONDA CBX 750 F (RC17)
HONDA VFR 750 F (RC24/G-H)
HONDA PC 800 PACIFIC COAST (RC34)
HONDA XLV 750 R (RD01)
HONDA FX 650 VIGOR (RD09/VIGOR)
HONDA VF 1000 F (INTERCEPTOR) (SC15)
HONDA VF 1000 F2 (SC15/F2)
Test reportsIssue 18-2000
What "MOTORRAD" magazine said about the Aprilia RSV mille:
- The Lucas brake discs are superior to the original Aprilia discs.
- Braking power buildup is linear and can be controlled with a light touch; the braking performance is very good.