Vanucci Okovango II textile trousers
Manufacturer details: Vanucci
The premium brand from Louis
The Vanucci name is synonymous with premium motorbike clothing for sports and touring bikers who value the highest quality. The collection includes everything from enduro suits for travelling round the world and sporty leather suits for speedy laps of the race course, through to neck warmers and touring boots. Whether you prefer leather or textile, every Vanucci garment offers high-quality materials and high-tech features, such as Sympatex and Outlast, combined with distinctive Italian styling plus all the experience and passion of designer Enrico Vanucci. The same applies to the intelligently designed and sturdy Vanucci luggage systems.
Catalogue page: 138
An extremely high-quality polyamide fabric made from fibres that are cut and then respun. It has much higher abrasion resistance than most other nylon materials and is therefore ideal for protective clothing.
Basic function: Exploiting a temperature gradient, perspiration is wicked away to the outside, yet wind and rain cannot penetrate. This effect makes both textile and leather clothing highly weatherproof, and also very comfortable to wear.
The membranes are manufactured from different base materials, depending on the brand, and are made either as a loose "liner", as a laminate (bonded to the outer material), or as a coating on a carrier material.
The SympaTex membrane is made of polyester, and transports water vapour molecules outwards by means of chemical reactions. Different materials are tailored to the various applications in the field of motorcycle clothing.
All climate membranes are sensitive to mechanical damage: if a membrane is pierced, clearly it can no longer provide protection. Damage can also result from the use of inappropriate washing agents. Softeners, including those contained in detergents, damage the membrane irreparably!
3M Scotchlite consists of a large number of microscopically small, reflective glass beads. The reflective material is visible from a distance of 160 m, which significantly improves the wearer's safety at night. It can be used in visually interesting ways, for instance in the form of emblems or narrow decorative stripes.
Vanucci Okovango II textile trousers
Premium technical trousers for on-road and off-road adventures. The new Okovango with numerous detail enhancements. A detachable Sympatex lining laminate and an effective ventilation system make these trousers ideal for all weathers. The Okovango 2 trousers are both hard-wearing and versatile. The comfortable cut provides space for a wide range of base layers and thermals.
- Breathable, wind- and waterproof removable Sympatex lining laminate, 100 % polyester
- Air-vent system on the upper leg and calf/ankle
- Adjustable waist and ankle
- All-round and short connection zipper
- Stretch panels over the knees and seat
- Heat-resistant material at the ankle
- Anti-slip material on the seat
- Anti-slip tape on the inner seam
- 5 outside pockets, 1 of which is waterproof
- Removable Super Shield HTP knee and hip protectors
- Knee protectors individually positionable by means of fleece insert
- 3M Scotchlite reflective material
- ISO 4916 safety seams at the impact points
- Abrasion-resistant 500D Cordura, 100 % polyamide
- Teflon finish for extra dirt-repellency
- Knees and hip reinforced with 840D fabric, 60 % polyamide, 40 % polyester
- Fixed mesh lining, 100 % polyester
Vanucci Okovango II textile trousersCompare product
Product details outer shell 500D Cordura reinforcement 840D fabric, 100% Polyamid membrane Sympatex Z-Liner permanent lining 100% polyester mesh lining removable lining None additional feature detachable Membranpants removable protectors On hips and knees protector pockets prepared for None width adjustment Waist and calf reflective material 3M ScotchliteTM waterproof outside pockets 1 non waterproof outside pockets 4 suspenders None knee sliders None Overview of product features breathable waterproof water-repellent removable membrane thermo insulation – termperature regulating material – ISO 4916 safety seams at impact points height-adjustable knee protector stretchable application Teflon coating for dirt-repellency Scotchgard coating – nano technology – ventilation system all-round connection zipper short connection zipper integrated shelter for kidney – inside pocket(s) – non-slip material on seat non-slip material at inside hem partial with heat resistant material – shape-retaining foam inside – padding – windproof
Test reportsIssue 7-2017
"Motorrad" magazine tested twelve adventure suits in its 7-2017 issue. The Vanucci Okovango was rated "GOOD". The following features were given special mention:
- Very good ventilation
- Comfortable fit
- Well featured
- Above-average test results for the protectors
- Good-sized smartphone pocket
- Good fit
- Sturdy textile reinforcements
- Good performance in the wet test
(Three of the suits tested were rated "Very Good", while six were judged "Good")Issue 1-2016
"Enduro" magazine tested various touring outfits in its 1-2016 issue. The Vanucci Okovango II (along with one other) was awarded an ENDURO BEST FIT recommendation. The following features were given special mention:
- Outstanding fit, snug without constricting
- Airy, perforated lining, ample ventilation (for the warm months, 15°C-25°C)
- Elegant Sympatex inner jacket
- Front closure gives effective wind protection
- Practical sleeves fit well over not-too-thick gloves
- Trousers with anti-slip trim and useful adjustability