TRW Brakepads Organic
Manufacturer details: TRW
Every second counts when you brake!
TRW Lucas has been manufacturing premium-quality motorbike spare parts since 1976 (ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949) and is the German market leader for brake discs, brake pads and steel-braided lines. Every time that product tests have been carried out by trade publications over the past 30 years, they have confirmed the excellent quality of these products. They have won test after test. Every second counts when you brake! Don't settle for anything less than quality products from the market leader.
Professional technical expertise is essential to fit this article. We therefore urge you to have it installed by a motorcycle workshop!
German type approval ("ABE)" allows the relevant accessory to be used on the vehicle models listed in the test report. Here it is the type abbreviation and not the maker's designation that is important for identifying the vehicle. The test report must be carried when riding in case it needs to be presented at a road-side check or vehicle safety inspection.
Accessories with type approval do not have to be registered in the vehicle documents! Those who do not want to carry the test report with them all the time can (for example) arrange to have the product registered by the Technical Inspection Association (subject to a charge).
If the accessory is to be used on a vehicle that is not listed in the type approval, an individual component approval is required. Although ABE type approval confirms the proper installation and safety of the product, it is the inspector who has to decide according to his technical expertise whether it is suitable for use on the vehicle.
An electric scooter with "ABE" approval has a type approval for Germany stating that the relevant vehicle satisfies all the relevant requirements of the eKFV (Small Electric Vehicle Ordinance in Germany) for the approval. In addition, insurance of the electric scooter is compulsory and use on pavements is forbidden. It can only be ridden on cycle paths and on the road (if a cycle path is not available). The minimum age for riding an electric scooter is 14 years. Although a driving license and helmet are not mandatory, they are highly recommended. An electric scooter must always be ridden solo.
TRW Brakepads Organic
TRW brake pads are available for more than 6,000 motorcycles of all classes and models. Front and rear, of course. All TRW motorcycle brake pads are free of asbestos, to make them safe for people and the environment. TRW *Organic* brake pads come with type approval for Germany. They have a very long life and are compatible with all OEM and TRW brake pads. With TRW brake pads you brake safely and reliably!
- Proven friction pad mixture with high-quality components, including carbon, ceramic and resins
- Solid metal individual components, free of heavy metals
- The organic material has a long life (depending on how the brakes are used)
- Well balanced friction coefficients of front and rear axles
- Recommended by leading motorcycle magazines for years now, and the highest selling brake pad in Germany
- The KBA (Federal Motor Transport Authority) number on the black-painted backing plate guarantees type approval for Germany
- Brake pad sets come with springs, where required
- The exact dimensions of the brake pads are given in our "Documents" section.
- The price is stated per set for one brake disc.
Be sure to watch the Louis Video *How to change brake pads*. Our tips and tricks make it a very simple job!
Always follow the safety instructions printed on the packaging, and avoid sharp braking for a few miles until the new pads have bedded in. This will prevent vitrification of the pads.
Sintered metal brake pads can be found in a separate section.
Test reportsIssue 02-2008
The organic Lucas brake lining (Order no. 10044157) has been given a MOTORRAD NEWS BEST BUY:
- Verdict: The Lucas brake pad not only offers good value and high performance, it also earns top marks in the sensory evaluation - impressive for an organic pad.
(6 different brake pads were tested, and two were awarded the "Motorrad Best Buy")Issue 12-2004
"Mopped" magazine's rating: Very Good
- The Lucas brake pads score points for the very low hand forces and the reliable braking control in particular. In addition, they brake brilliantly when hot, and their resistance to brake fade is beyond reproach.
- They also perform well in the wet.