TomTom Rider 550 Premium Pack
Manufacturer details: TOMTOM
Always on the move
TomTom guides millions of road users safely along roads all over the world on a daily basis. Developed specially for bikers, the Rider series from TomTom has everything to help you reach your destination quickly and smoothly. And not only that: In addition to finding the shortest or fastest route, TomTom will also show you roads which are particularly beautiful and full of bends on request. This means you can thoroughly enjoy the freedom on two wheels - without having to take annoying breaks and always having the most up-to-date maps.
Catalogue page: 358
Free map updates on your sat nav for its lifetime, i.e. for as long as TomTom continues to provide software updates, services, content and accessories for the particular sat nav model. A sat nav reaches the end of its life when this support is no longer provided. Free Lifetime Maps comprises all complete updates for the maps pre-installed on your sat nav (the geographic coverage and support of the functions in the map still comply with the original map). Please observe the full terms and conditions, which can be found at: http://www.tomtom.com/de_de/maps/lifetime-maps/
Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short and medium distances.
TomTom Rider 550 Premium Pack
Take to the road and enjoy fantastic motorcycle touring. The best routes in the world are waiting for you to discover. Carefully selected and compiled by TomTom, ready for you to experience. Call them up quickly, straight from your TomTom Rider 550 motorcycle GPS sat nav. Or, in no time at all, you can plan your own routes and tours to the destinations of your choice.
TomTom Rider 550 gives you virtually unlimited connectivity. This means updates and routes are quick and easy to load wirelessly into your TomTom Rider 550 via the integrated WiFi interface, using your home network or a hotel's WiFi network, for example. So you no longer need a PC or laptop. Another key feature is the ultra-fast quad-core processor in this Rider, which enables super-fast route planning.
Overview of TomTom Rider 550 top features:
- Integrated WiFi interface allows wireless firmware updates and route import/export
- Ultra-fast quad-core processor finds routes at lightning speed
- Compatible with Google Now and Siri Use your smartphone's voice control during navigation
- TomTom Road Trips: Discover the best biking routes in the world
- Smartphone notifications: Have your notifications read aloud via your headset
- Clever 4.3-inch display: Glove-friendly touchscreen adapts to ambient light conditions and to thick or thin gloves
- Accident blackspot and traffic jam warnings*
- Maps of 165 countries of the world** can be installed (Europe maps are pre-installed) incl. Lifetime Maps*: Free lifelong map updates mean that all your maps, addresses and points of interest are always up to date*
Pre-installed motorbike-specific hotels, museums, meeting points and even mountain passes
- Plan exciting routes: You decide how much excitement your tour is going to offer. The *Exciting Tour* planning function enables you to choose how winding your route will be.
- MyDrive motorcycle route planning: Use the MyDrive website to devise your own exciting tours and synchronise them directly with your device
- Route recording with tour statistics: Save your journey from beginning to end, including spontaneous detours or short-cuts, and share it all with fellow bikers.
- Lifelong TomTom Traffic*: For the lifetime of your motorbike sat nav, use intelligent routes in real time and avoid traffic.
- Smartphone Connected: TomTom Traffic, TomTom Speed Cameras, QuickGPSFix via Bluetooth from your smartphone*
Bluetooth interface - for transmitting audio instructions to a Bluetooth-enabled headset
- Hands-free calling: your TomTom Rider directs calls from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to an optional Bluetooth headset so that you can telephone safely without taking off your gloves or helmet (Bluetooth headset not included)
- Speed limit indicator shows the permitted speed in towns and on main roads and motorways
- Upload and ride routes in GPX format
- Sturdy, waterproof and vibration-protected case (IPX7)
- Device dimensions (W x H x D): approx. 136.8 x 88.40 x 30.50 mm,
- Screen: WQVGA TFT colour display (resolution: 480 x 272) with 4.3 inch (10.9 cm) diagonal
- Power supply: integrated lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Run time: up to 6 hours
- Weight: approx. 280 g
- Compatible with Windows XP or later version / Mac OS X 10.5.8
Clear, precise directions, spoken step by step, in the following languages:
Bulgarian, Cantonese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (GB), English (USA), Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Mandarin, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Swedish, Thai, Turkish
Scope of delivery:
- TomTom Rider 550
- RAM Universal Mount for 22 mm and 25.4 mm (imperial) handlebar tubes, with anti-theft solution and active Bike Dock mount and 12V battery cable
- USB cable
- Car mount and 12V USB charging adapter
- Protective carry case
- Road maps for 152 countries of the world** can be installed
- Quick-start guide
* You can receive TomTom Traffic and Speed Camera updates (not available in all countries) and download four or more complete updates for your pre-installed maps every year for the duration of sat navs lifetime. You will need a computer with Internet connection and a MyTomTom account to download map updates. For more information, go to tomtom.com/lifetime Smartphone Connected: You can receive TomTom Traffic and Speed Camera updates by Bluetooth via your smartphone. Your smartphone must be compatible and must have a data port. Additional costs may occur, see tomtom.com/connect.
**High-speed Internet access required / map regions can be called up separately
TomTom Rider 550 Premium Pack motorcycle navigatorCompare product
Product details Screen size (diagonal) 4,3 inch (10,9 cm) screen resolution 480 x 272 pixels Protection category IPX7 (waterproof) Dimensions (W x H x D) 136,8 x 88,4 x 30,5 mm Map coverage Road maps of 152 countries of the world Weight 280 grams Mounting RAM universal mount Operation via Touchscreen Bluetooth connection Bluetooth headset Accepts data cards MicroSD cards Route management software - Maximum battery operating time 6 hours Real time traffic informations TomTom Traffic (via smartphone-connection) Tyre pressure monitor system No motorbike mount with anti theft device included Car mount kit with 12V power supply Included Overview of product features Lifetime Map Updates Charging bike dock Removable battery – Integrated speaker Glove friendly operation Variable display orientation (horizontal/vertical) Jack plug for headphones – Integrated MP3 player – Speaks street names (text to speech) Speed limit indicator Track recording Route selection "roundtrip" Route selection "winding routes" Route selection "hilly routes" Route selection "avoid motorway" Advanced Lane Guidance Music controlling from compatible Smartphones – Transfer of app alerts, sms etc. from smartphones Spotify Support – Rider alerts for danger spots etc.
Test reportsIssue 9-2018
"MO" magazine put the TomTom Rider 550 through its paces in its 9-2018 issue and awarded it an MO Best Buy recommendation. The following features were given special mention:
- Wide range of new functions
- Fast, wireless route transmission via MyDrive or app
- Easy route planning on actual device
- Responsive display, even with gloves
- Wide range of route options
- Fast processor
- Excellent display
- Petrol station and speed camera info, even without smartphone connectionIssue 16-2018
"Motorrad" magazine tested the TomTom Rider 550 in its 16-2018 issue and rated it "GOOD". The following features were given special mention:
- Numerous options
- Impressive range of settings and routing