TomTom Rider 40 CE Satnav
Manufacturer details: TOMTOM
Always on the move
TomTom guides millions of road users safely along roads all over the world on a daily basis. Developed specially for bikers, the Rider series from TomTom has everything to help you reach your destination quickly and smoothly. And not only that: In addition to finding the shortest or fastest route, TomTom will also show you roads which are particularly beautiful and full of bends on request. This means you can thoroughly enjoy the freedom on two wheels - without having to take annoying breaks and always having the most up-to-date maps.
Free map updates on your sat nav for its lifetime, i.e. for as long as TomTom continues to provide software updates, services, content and accessories for the particular sat nav model. A sat nav reaches the end of its life when this support is no longer provided. Free Lifetime Maps comprises all complete updates for the maps pre-installed on your sat nav (the geographic coverage and support of the functions in the map still comply with the original map). Please observe the full terms and conditions, which can be found at: http://www.tomtom.com/de_de/maps/lifetime-maps/
Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short and medium distances.
The Global Positioning System is a space-based satellite navigation system that provides location and time information.
TomTom Rider 40 CE Satnav
TomTom Rider 40 CE Motorcycle Navigation System
The TomTom Rider 40 CE GPS sat nav gives you complete control over your journey with personalised navigation, tailor-made for motorbike riders. You can choose not only where to go, but also how to get there. Take the most exciting route, or the fastest, or plan your own tour and share it with your friends.
- Planning exciting routes: You decide how much excitement your tour is going to offer. The Exciting Tour planning function enables you to choose how winding the road your route will be.
- Plan, search, create, edit and share your routes**: Use your preferred tour planning program on your computer, and then synchronise this data with your TomTom Rider. Share your route with other riders before you set off, while you're on the road, or after you get back home.
- Route recording: Save your tip and repeat the adventure afresh whenever you like. Record your journey from beginning to end, including spontaneous detours or short-cuts, and share it all with fellow bikers. Your most recent trips are automatically saved on your TomTom, so you can relive the whole adventure all over again any time.
- Lifetime Maps*/**: Free lifelong map updates mean that all your maps, addresses and points of interest are always up to date*/**
- Fast search: Find your destination faster with the intuitive search function. The fast search starts as soon as you start to type
- Road maps for 19 central european countries (see below for countries covered)
- Sturdy, waterproof and vibration-protected case (IPX7)
- Sturdy RAM Universal Motorcycle Mount, compatible with 22mm and 25.4mm (imperial) handlebar tubes, withstands strong vibration
- Power supply from your motorbike's electrical system via battery power cable
- High-contrast 4.3-inch wide-screen display, glove-friendly and easy to read in direct sunlight
- Smartphone Connected - TomTom Traffic, QuickGPSfix via Bluetooth from your smartphone*
- Bluetooth interface - for transmitting navigation directions to Bluetooth-enabled headsets
- Hands-free system: the TomTom Rider forwards phone calls from your mobile phone to an optional Bluetooth headset via a Bluetooth link so that you can talk safely without taking off your gloves or helmet (Bluetooth headset not included)**
- Advanced Lane Guidance (makes it easier to get into the right lane as you approach junctions and motorway intersections)
- Journey logging and route recording
- TomTom IQ Routes - intelligent, customised routing
- PC Route Management via Tyre Pro software - Use Tyre to search, create and edit routes on a PC before uploading them to your device (Internet-Download via voucher code / Tyre route planning software is only compatible to Windows XP and later).
- Fully updatable operating system means you can take advantage of new features and updates as and when they appear
- Also suitable for use in your car (requires a separate car mount - only available in the Rider 400 Premium Pack)
- Speed limit indicator shows the permitted speed in towns and on main roads and motorways
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, San Marino, Vatican City, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, France, Monaco, Slovenia and Malta
Clear, precise step-by-step spoken directions in the following languages (via optional Bluetooth headset or optional car mount):
Bulgarian, Cantonese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (GB), English (USA), Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Mandarin, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Dimensions (W x H x D) approx. 136.8 x 88.40 x 30.50mm
- Screen: WQVGA TFT colour display (resolution: 480 x 272) with 4.3 inch (10.9cm) diagonal
- Power supply: integrated lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Run time: up to 6 hours
- Weight: approx. 280 g
- Compatible with Windows® XP or later version & Mac OS X 10.5.8
- Tyre route planning software is only compatible with Windows XP or later
- TomTom Rider 40 CE
- RAM Universal Mount for 22 mm and 25.4 mm (imperial) handlebar tubes, Active Bike Dock mount and 12V battery cable
- USB cable
- Pre-installed road maps for 19 central european countries
- Quick-start guide
*Receive TomTom Traffic and download 4 or more full updates of your pre-installed map every year, for the life of your product. You need a PC with an Internet connection and a MyTomTom account to download map updates. For more information, visit tomtom.com/lifetime. Smartphone Connected: Get TomTom Traffic via your smartphone with Bluetooth connection. Your smartphone needs to be compatible and come with a data plan. Extra costs may apply, check tomtom.com/connect for more information.
**Software update may be necessary
TomTom Rider 40 CE SatnavCompare product
Product details Screen size (diagonal) 4,3 inch (10,9 cm) screen resolution 480 x 272 pixels Protection category IPX7 (waterproof) Dimensions (W x H x D) 136,8 x 88,4 x 30,5 mm Map coverage Road maps of 19 central european countries Weight 280 grams Mounting RAM universal mount Operation via Touchscreen Bluetooth connection Bluetooth headset Accepts data cards MicroSD cards Route management software - Maximum battery operating time 6 hours Real time traffic informations TomTom Traffic (via smartphone-connection) Tyre pressure monitor system No motorbike mount with anti theft device Optional accessory Car mount kit with 12V power supply Optional accessory Overview of product features Lifetime Map Updates Charging bike dock Removable battery – Integrated speaker Glove friendly operation Variable display orientation (horizontal/vertical) Jack plug for headphones – Integrated MP3 player – Speaks street names (text to speech) Speed limit indicator Track recording Route selection "roundtrip" Route selection "winding routes" Route selection "hilly routes" Route selection "avoid motorway" Advanced Lane Guidance Music controlling from compatible Smartphones – Transfer of app alerts, sms etc. from smartphones – Spotify Support – Rider alerts for danger spots etc. –
Test reportsIssue 6-2015
"Tourenfahrer" magazine tested the TomTom Rider 400 in its 6/2015 issue and awarded it a Recommendation. The following features were given special mention:
- Elegant, sturdy and waterproof housing
- Firmly engaging mount
- Adjustable to landscape or portrait
-Touchscreen with unique clear glass surface
- Smooth operation
- Clear, easy-to-read display
- "Winding Roads" feature for exciting tours
- Fast calculation of tracks and routes
- Lifetime map update, TomTom Speed Camera and TomTom Traffic included