SilverTail K02 Exhaust Systems
Manufacturer details: Silvertail
Since 1993 the Italian SilverTail brand has been synonymous with exhaust systems designed exclusively for custom bikes, cruisers and "choppers". No other maker anywhere in the world offers such a complete range for Japanese custom bikes, whether the very latest models or old favourites! Every system is manufactured under the strictest quality control with a high-grade chrome finish and, in some cases, with double walls. Both as complete units and simply as aftermarket silencers, SilverTail exhaust systems are virtually unrivalled in the market as an EC-approved alternative to your original exhaust.
Modern vehicle accessories of different types now frequently carry an "E" approval mark valid throughout Europe. This "E" mark, which is made up of a combination of letters and numbers, is clearly displayed on the product and shows the application tested, the country in which testing was carried out and, where appropriate, the vehicle type to which approval applies. EC type approvals for exhaust systems, for example, are always issued for a specific vehicle type, whereas in the case of lighting, they apply to an entire group of vehicles, e.g. motorcycles.
This certification mark is the sole proof of legality stipulated by law, i.e. no written report or entry in the vehicle documents by a TÜV (German Technical Inspection Association) test centre is required. However, when it comes to installing accessories, the relevant guidelines of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StvZO) must always be observed.
At a roadside check or a TÜV vehicle inspection, the registered keeper is only required to show the "E" mark. It is then up to the official in charge whether to check the mark with the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) in Flensburg (or equivalent type approval authority in other countries), which is able to decode all certification marks.
SilverTail K02 Exhaust Systems
SilverTail K02 exhaust systems are some of the most elegant chopper exhaust systems around.
- Visually the K02 is like its predecessor: slim and lightweight. Its form perfectly matches the lines of the motorcycle, complementing the look to great effect. It is manufactured using only high-quality steels, to which a generous layer of chrome is applied.
- Every Silvertail system is supplied with slash-cut tailpieces.
- With the standard, road legal version, a performance and torque increase of 3 to 5 per cent can be achieved over the entire speed range.
- These exhaust systems have EC type approval, so they do not require TÜV test centre approval or entry in the vehicle's registration papers.
- Important: For vehicles produced from 05/2006, the strict emissions regulations of the Euro 3 testing standard are applicable in Germany. These regulations can only be met by fitting a catalytic converter. Unfortunately, however, the exhaust systems shown here are currently only available from the manufacturer without a catalytic converter.
Details of the scope of supply/parts lists can be found at www.silvertail.de or in our Documents area.