Schuberth SR1 Full-Face Helmet
Manufacturer details: SCHUBERTH
A class of its own!
For 60 years now, SCHUBERTH has been developing helmets for bikers. This much experience inevitably leaves its traces. In the worlds of aerodynamics and aeroacoustics, for example, SCHUBERTH helmets are one the most stable and quietest helmets in the world - thanks to intensive testing in the company's in-house wind tunnel. Or in the world of technological innovations: The first flip-up helmet with integral sun visor, the first helmet with built-in antenna for the fully integrated communications system - all developed by SCHUBERTH. Likewise, in matters of safety SCHUBERTH is consistently ahead of the game. One example is the Anti-Roll-Off system which, in the event of an accident, positions the helmet on the drivers head in such a way that ensures better chin and chest protection.
This four-channel fibre from Invista features a large surface area. Coolmax is extremely effective at wicking away moisture and gently cooling. The wearer feels dry, comfortable and fit - particularly in hot weather. The material takes up virtually no odours, can be machined-washed, and dries quickly. Also the helmet industry makes use of the advantages of this material and uses it for the manufacture of helmet interior padding.
The Pinlock system offers optimal protection against annoying fogging of the visor. An anti-fog Pinlock inner lens is attached by means of two small pins to the prepared Pinlock outer visor. The airtight space between lens and visor ensures clear vision and therefore significantly enhances road safety. The Pinlock system can be fitted to many helmets made by Shoei, Schuberth, Nolan and Lazer.
QUALITY MADE IN GERMANY!
By purchasing this item you have chosen a premium-quality product with superior German workmanship. This internationally acknowledged mark of quality means that this product is the result of efficiently coordinated development and production processes, technological expertise, continuous quality controls.
Schuberth SR1 Full-Face Helmet
The SR1 is the first thoroughbred super racing helmet for ambitious sports riders and professional racers. As in the touring helmets which have received many awards, a genuine Schuberth heart also beats in the SR1. Whether on a country road, the motorway or a racetrack - the SR1 performs excellently at high speeds and impresses with its first-class aerodynamic values.
Being developed in the wind tunnel means that the SR1 has outstanding aeroacoustics - a prerequisite for concentration while riding.
The helmet shell consists of S.T.R.O.N.G. fibre, a special glass fibre reinforced duroplastic matrix, and is produced in three helmet shell sizes.
- Material: S.T.R.O.N.G.-Fibre (special glass fibre reinforced duroplastic matrix), 3 helmet shell sizes (52/53-54/55, 56/57-58/59, 60/61-62/63)
- Weight: approx. 1,285 g
- Visor: clear, anti-fog thanks to Pinlock
- Ventilation: adjustable chin-, forehead and visorventilation plus rear air extractor
- Lining: COOLMAX lining, fully removeable
- Fastener: double 'D' fastener
- Approvals: ECE 22.05
- Other features: inclusive wind deflector and breath guard
(In contrast to the images shown, all helmets are supplied with a scratch-resistant, clear visor!)
- High performance aerodynamics
The SR1 is a sport helmet which has been developed for optimum performance on the racetrack. Thanks to its advanced aerodynamics the helmet is at all times
stable in the wind and even at high speeds creates no upward lift.
- Aerodynamic shape
- Upward lift = 0!
- Directionally stable
- No oscillatory tendency
- The D-Force spoiler enables the SR1 to be adjusted to the riding posture in such a manner that ideal behaviour of the helmet in the air flow is guaranteed at all times. 2 positions with different setting angles are available.
- Aeroacoustics of the SR1
All SCHUBERTH motorcycle and racing helmets are developed and optimised under scientific conditions in the SCHUBERTH wind tunnel.
The reduced noise level assists the rider's concentration and attentiveness.
- Quiet helmet thanks to anti-noise technology
- Installation of a wind deflector enables the aeroacoustics and consequently the noise level to be improved still further.
- Only 88dB(A) at 100 km per hour (with closed machines)
- Visor plate
Rated at Optical Class 1, the highest quality rating for optical standards, the visor sets standards in respect of optical quality. It is practically distortion-free throughout the entire field of vision. The special polycarbonate material has exceptional transparency, strength and toughness, as well as resistance against impact and fracture.
- practically distortion-free throughout the entire field of vision
- 3D visor on average 2.5 mm thick
- scratch resistance on the outside
- anti-fog on the inside thanks to Pinlock
- Ventilation at Formula 1 level
The Proactive Dynamic Ventilation System developed specially for the SR1 can be set as required using controls in the chin and head area. Depending on the riding posture and speed, the intensity of the ventilation can also be varied. A sporty riding posture permits
maximum fresh air supply.
- Visor vent to reduce the fogging tendency
- 2 head ventilation inputs (adjustable)
- 2-Way-Chin-Ventilation for targeted distribution of the incoming air in the helmet
- Helmet details: Outer shell
The outer shell of the SR1 is available in thre helmet sizes and combines an aerodynamically optimal shape suitable for racing with excellent protection.
- Material: S.T.R.O.N.G.-Fibre
- special glass-fibre reinforced Duroplast matrix
- use of new technology helps achieve low helmet weight
- unusually strong
- Helmet details: Inner lining
In addition to its excellent fit, the pad system of the SR1 also stands out on account of the complex ventilation system.
- COOLMAX suspension, skin-friendly with very good warming properties, transports moisture
- Variable for effective ventilation
- Fully removable and washable
- Ergonomic design for maximum wear comfort
- Antiallergenic / antibacterial material
Schuberth SR1 Full-Face HelmetCompare product
Product details type of helmet Full-face helmet shell material Glass fibre-reinforced S.T.R.O.N.G. fibre helmet shell sizes 3 shells lining Comfort lining certificates ECE 22.05 weight approx 1285 gram visor clear anti-fog thanks to Pinlock system fastener Closed with double 'D' ring additional features None Country of manufacture Germany Compatible with Cardo communication system - Compatible with Sena communication system - Compatible with Nolan communication system - Compatible with X-lite communication system - Compatible with Nexx communication system - Compatible with Schuberth communication system - Compatible with Caberg communication system - Compatible with Shark communication system - Overview of product features sun visor – visor anti-fog visor lockable visor mechanism integrated visor mechanism with cover – visor replacement without tools chin ventilation forehead ventilation – upper head ventilation back vent removable lining removable cheek pads breath guard is included wind deflector is included prepared for communication devices – glasses channel integrated –
Test reportsIssue 4-2013
"PS" magazine tested thirteen different full-face sport helmets in its 4-2013 issue. The Schuberth SR1 was rated "VERY GOOD TO GOOD" and voted TEST WINNER. The following features were given special mention:
- Best balanced of all the helmets tested
- 2nd place in the impact absorption test
- Overall test winner, scoring the highest points
(only one of the helmets tested received a "Very Good to Good" rating, and there was only one test winner)Issue 3-2012
"PS" magazine tested eight different full-face sport helmets in its 3-2012 issue. The Schuberth SR1 was rated "VERY GOOD" and voted TEST WINNER. The following features were given special mention:
- Fits well
- Ventilation functions optimally
- Only Schuberth offers an anti-roll-off system for the chin strap
- The best helmet in the test
(Two of the helmets tested were rated "Very Good"; there was only one Test Winner)