Manufacturer details: Rukka
High-tech motorcycle clothing
Rukka has been synonymous with top-quality motorbike clothing for decades. Rukka always focuses on the complete system in this regard - from functional garments on the skin, to protector technology and the outer protective layer. Bikers who value quality, comfort and safety in equal measure cannot do any better than Rukka.
Catalogue page: 219
Sold under various brand names (Gore-Tex, Reissa, Tepor, Sympatex, Hipora, Porell, Helsapor, Enprotex, Nibo, Humax, Drygate etc.). Gore-Tex and Sympatex have patent protection. One thing all these membranes have in common is their basic function: exploiting a temperature gradient, perspiration is transported from the inside to the outside, yet wind and rain cannot get in. This effect makes both fabric and leather clothing highly weatherproof, and also very comfortable to wear. The membranes are manufactured from different base materials, depending on the brand, and are made either as a loose "liner", as a laminate (bonded to the outer material), or as a coating on a carrier material. The first product of this kind, the "Gore-Tex" membrane made of Teflon, fulfils its function due to its very fine pores, which allow moisture from the skin to move outwards, but prevent the larger raindrops from moving inwards. Gore-Tex is indeed highly effective, but the patented material comes at a price. All the other membranes consist of polyurethane or polyester, and transport water vapour molecules outwards by means of chemical reactions. Different materials have been adapted to the various applications in the field of motorcycle clothing. All of these climate membranes are sensitive to mechanical damage: if a membrane is pierced, clearly it can no longer provide protection. Damage can also result from the use of inappropriate washing agents. Softeners, including those contained in detergents, damage the membrane irreparably!
An extremely high-quality polyamide fabric made from fibres that are cut and then respun. It has much higher abrasion resistance than most other nylon materials and is therefore ideal for protective clothing.
D3O contains intelligent molecules that locks together on impact to absorp and spread the force. D3O is extremly thin and flexible but provides maximum shock absorption.
protection which you do not feel
The rukka range has a whole lot to offer: Top quality, protection, super fit, comfort and design! These suits add enormously to the pleasure of riding your motorcycle, be it for the daily commute to work or a touring holiday.
- Breathable, wind- and waterproof GORE-TEX membrane
- Detachable thermal liner, 100% polyester
- All-round connection zipper
- Adjustable upper sleeve and hem
- Dirt-repellent Teflon and Scotchgard finish
- Rubberised, front zipper
- 2 air vents, with 2-way zippers at the sides
- Soft, high neoprene collar
- 2 outside pockets (not waterproof)
- 2 waterproof inside pockets
- Crotch strap
- Removable rukka D3O Air shoulder and elbow protectors
- ISO 4916 safety seams at the impact points
- 3M Scotchlite Reflective Material
- Optional: FB-D3O Air back protector (ladies' size 34-38 and men's size 46: 20894502, ladies' size 40-46 and men's size 48 - 56: 20894503, from ladies' size 48 and from men's size 58: 20894504) or CB-D3O Air back protector, one size fits all (20019411) or AB D3O Air back protector (ladies' size 34-44 and men's size 46-54 20896503, from ladies' size 46 and from men's size 56: 20896504) can be retrofitted
- Abrasion-resistant 500D CORDURA, 100% polyamide
- Double layer of material on shoulders and elbows
- Fixed mesh lining, 100% polyester
rukka Simot textile jacketCompare product
Product details outer shell 500D Cordura reinforcement Double layer on shoulders and elbows membrane GORE-TEX Z-Liner permanent lining 100% Polyester mesh lining removable lining 100% Polyester tafetta, padded additional feature None removable protectors Shoulders and elbows protector pockets prepared for Back protector width adjustment sleeves and waistband reflective material 3M ScotchliteTM waterproof outside pockets 0 non waterproof outside pockets 2 Overview of product features breathable waterproof water repellent removable membrane – thermo insulation temperature regulation material – ISO 4916 safety seams at impact points height-adjustable elbow protector – stretchable applications – Teflon coating for dirt-repellency Scotchgard coating nano technology – ventilation system all-round connecting zipper short connecting zipper – 2-way-front zipper – wind protection on sleeves – integrated shelter for kidney – inside pocket(s) pocket for documents – mobile phone inside pocket – high closure collar crotch strap removable collar – comfort collar with soft edge windproof shape-retaining foam – padding –