Manufacturer details: MRA
What do motorcycle racers like Max Biaggi, Loris Capirossi, Carlos Checa and Andrew Pitt have in common? Their winning machines were equipped with MRA windshields. The German company has its roots in motorcycle racing. Although MRA also produced fairings and racing seats in the first few years, towards the end of the eighties the company specialised in the exclusive development and manufacture of motorcycle windshields. The so-called "Double Bubble Racing Screen", which almost every motorcycle racer uses today, is a MRA invention. But the MRA engineers also demonstrate their expertise and creativity for the benefit of touring motorcycle riders. Most current example: the "X-creen". No other windshield spoiler is as versatile and can be adjusted to meet individual needs. Innovation and quality made in Germany - that is MRA.
German type approval ("ABE)" allows the accessory concerned to be used on the vehicle models listed in the test report. Here it is the type abbreviation and not the maker's designation that is important for identifying the vehicle. The test report must be kept with the vehicle and shown on request if you are stopped at a roadside check or at the regular safety inspection at the TÜV test centre.
Accessories with ABE type approval do not have to be entered in the vehicle registration documents. To avoid always having to always take the test report with you, you can have a relevant entry made by TÜV (subject to a charge).
If you wish to use an accessory on a vehicle not listed in the type approval, TÜV inspection is necessary. Although ABE type approval confirms the proper installation and safety of the product, it is the inspector who has to decide according to his technical expertise whether it is suitable for use on the vehicle.
QUALITY MADE IN GERMANY!
By purchasing this item you have chosen a premium-quality product with superior German workmanship. This internationally acknowledged mark of quality means that this product is the result of efficiently coordinated development and production processes, technological expertise, continuous quality controls.
- This windscreen is similar to the MRA Touringscreen, but has a spoiler at the end of the wind deflector.
- There are seven different manual angle and length settings, so the shield can be adjusted to suit the rider's individual preferences.
- The spoiler's back flow reduces the annoying turbulence you get with other shields.
- Colour: smoked
- With type approval for Germany
Test reportsIssue 2-2017
"Motorrad Abenteuer" magazine tested various windshields on the Honda Africa Twin in its 2-2017 issue. The following features of the MRA Vario Touring Windshield were given special mention:
- The lowest spoiler position provides full upper body protection (ideal for the open road)
- The spoiler's highest position and steepest angle give the rider complete protection (good for high speeds on the motorway).
- Altogether an excellent combination for different types of ridingIssue 3-2017
In its 3-2017 issue, "Motorrad" magazine tested five fairing windshields on a Honda CRF 1000. The MRA Vario Touring Windshield was the only one to be awarded a "MOTORRADFAHRER RECOMMENDATION". The following features were given special mention:
- The lowest spoiler position provides full upper body protection
- The highest position gives the rider complete protection
- No helmet turbulence until you reach 160 km/h