Colored, with ABE
Manufacturer details: MRA
What do motorcycle racers like Max Biaggi, Loris Capirossi, Carlos Checa and Andrew Pitt have in common? Their winning machines were equipped with MRA windshields. The German company has its roots in motorcycle racing. Although MRA also produced fairings and racing seats in the first few years, towards the end of the eighties the company specialised in the exclusive development and manufacture of motorcycle windshields. The so-called "Double Bubble Racing Screen", which almost every motorcycle racer uses today, is a MRA invention. But the MRA engineers also demonstrate their expertise and creativity for the benefit of touring motorcycle riders. Most current example: the "X-creen". No other windshield spoiler is as versatile and can be adjusted to meet individual needs. Innovation and quality made in Germany - that is MRA.
QUALITY MADE IN GERMANY!
By purchasing this item you have chosen a premium-quality product with superior German workmanship. This internationally acknowledged mark of quality means that this product is the result of efficiently coordinated development and production processes, technological expertise, continuous quality controls.
German type approval ("ABE)" allows the accessory concerned to be used on the vehicle models listed in the test report. Here it is the type abbreviation and not the maker's designation that is important for identifying the vehicle. The test report must be kept with the vehicle and shown on request if you are stopped at a roadside check or at the regular safety inspection at the TÜV test centre.
Accessories with ABE type approval do not have to be entered in the vehicle registration documents. To avoid always having to always take the test report with you, you can have a relevant entry made by TÜV (subject to a charge).
If you wish to use an accessory on a vehicle not listed in the type approval, TÜV inspection is necessary. Although ABE type approval confirms the proper installation and safety of the product, it is the inspector who has to decide according to his technical expertise whether it is suitable for use on the vehicle.
Colored, with ABE
MRA Racingscreens - in four different colours with type approval for Germany
- Colours: blue, yellow, red or green
- This shield shape was developed for racing and is used by many Grand Prix riders.
- The latest generation of racingscreens has a considerably modified dome shape with a flattened top, which creates desirable downforce rather than lift.
- Lateral turbulence around the helmet has therefore been eliminated. To reduce the vacuum behind the dome, some models have air inlets at the front, which improves the airflow at the end of the shield. The improvements have also been applied to existing models, allowing riders of older bikes to enjoy this enhancement.
Test reportsIssue 07-2009
The "MOTORRAD" magazine rating on the Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K7/8 was: GOOD
- Test verdict: the MRA Racing got through the demanding test course with almost no weak points. With the same aerodynamic advantages as the test winner, the MRA came a close second in the comparison. Well engineered, very good fit, very good wind protection, verified in the field and in the wind tunnel..."