Motul Brake Fluid
DOT 3 & 4, fully synthetic
Manufacturer details: Motul
Premium lubricants and care products from France
Established in America in 1853, Motul has been based in France since 1932. Since then, the firm has given the world of lubricants numerous highly successful technical innovations. For example, Motul is credited with inventing multigrade oil (1953) and both semi-synthetic (1966) and fully synthetic (1971) engine oil. Products for motorcycles are a key part of the French firm's business. In addition to engine, transmission and fork oils, you will also find a wide choice of maintenance and care products from Motul in the Louis range. For many years, Motul has also been heavily involved in motorcycle racing.
Motul DOT 3 & 4 Brake Fluid is a fully synthetic polyglycol-based brake fluid for disc and drum brake systems.
- Standards: DOT 3 & DOT 4, SAE J 1703, ISO 4925
- can be mixed with all DOT 3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 products
- exceptionally durable due to high wet boiling point
- high thermal stability due to high dry boiling point
- high safety standard
- enables the brake system to operate efficiently under extreme conditions
- corrosion-proof; behaves neutrally towards seals in the braking system
- Replacement intervals: between 12 and 24 months (depending on manufacturer's recommendation)
Good to know:
For safety reasons, brake fluids such as Motul Brake Fluid DOT 3 & 4 should never be topped up; they should always be replaced instead!
Carefully close containers following use to prevent moisture absorption. Only store brake fluid in original container.
Cannot be mixed with silicone-based brake fluids (DOT 5) and special mineral-based fluids (e.g. LHM). Fluid may affect vehicle paintwork.
Caution. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.