MOTO112+ Gel Seat-Pad
Manufacturer details: Moto112+
The Moto112+ label specialises in safety, health and medical products for bikers. Whether you're looking for standard compliant high visibility vests, DIN approved dressing material or kidney belts with a special pad against back pain, Moto112+ products are always tailor-made for the respective motorbike applications and comply with valid legal requirements and regulations.
Catalogue page: 464
MOTO112+ Gel Seat-Pad
- Developed specifically for sports motorcycles!
- Recess in the genital area for pressure relief
- Maximises comfort on long journeys, or if your seat is too hard!
- No loss of contact with the motorcycle, as the gel cushion is only 12 mm thick
- Cushion grips the seat securely thanks to rubber surface and integrated fixing straps.
- Waterproof and machine-washable up to 60°C
- Shell: 92% polyester, 8% elastane
- Dimensions: 31 x 29 cm
- Weight: approx. 530 g
Our orthopaedic consultant explains:
- Sporty riders adopt an almost "prone" position on their motorcycle, and grip very tightly with their leg muscles.
With the muscles tensed in this way, the pressure is transmitted to the muscular branches of the tibial nerve. (i.e. pressure is exerted on the nerve and the femoral artery)
- In a relaxed sitting posture, as with touring, the softer muscles absorb the pressure on the inside of the thigh. This pressure mainly occurs at the outer contours of the seat.
- In the "prone" position, hardly any pressure is exerted on the tailbone, but instead the perineum (area between the thighs) and the genitals are subjected to considerable pressure.
The gel of the seat pad absorbs the load and provide relief in the critical areas. The gel also distributes the pressure acting on the tensed inner thigh muscles, and thus reduces the risk of numbness in the legs
The highly effective gel material - which was originally developed for medical applications - ensures that your body weight is distributed evenly over the entire buttocks. It counteracts spot pressure on the bones in your pelvis. At last, no more circulation problems or numbness in your legs - especially on long trips. This gel seat pad absorbs vibrations and impacts, thus taking the stress off your joints, back and spine. Fits almost any seat.
Important note: Only suitable for black seat covers. Use of care products containing solvents may cause discolouration.