LeoVince LV-One Evo Exhaust System
Manufacturer details: Leo Vince
Always the first choice
Leo Vince - the name alone is enough to set any biker's pulse racing! It is evocative of innovative design, race track and ... of course, Italy. Born in Monticello d'Alba, near Torino, but now a truly international name! Scarcely any other exhaust manufacturer in the world has succeeded in building such a reputation for quality and performance over the last twenty years. Whether super-elegant, high-performance exhaust systems for modern scooters and maxi scooters or powerful slip-ons and bolt-ons - Leo Vince is always the first choice. The numerous test wins in motorbike magazines and the number of European Championship and World Championship titles are impressive proof of the innovativeness and superior engineering of this world-renowned brand.
Modern vehicle accessories of different types now frequently carry an "E" approval mark valid throughout Europe. This "E" mark, which is made up of a combination of letters and numbers, is clearly displayed on the product and shows the application tested, the country in which testing was carried out and, where appropriate, the vehicle type to which approval applies. EC type approvals for exhaust systems, for example, are always issued for a specific vehicle type, whereas in the case of lighting, they apply to an entire group of vehicles, e.g. motorcycles.
This certification mark is the sole proof of legality stipulated by law, i.e. no written report or entry in the vehicle documents by a TÜV (German Technical Inspection Association) test centre is required. However, when it comes to installing accessories, the relevant guidelines of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StvZO) must always be observed.
At a roadside check or a TÜV vehicle inspection, the registered keeper is only required to show the "E" mark. It is then up to the official in charge whether to check the mark with the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) in Flensburg (or equivalent type approval authority in other countries), which is able to decode all certification marks.
Made in Italy
LeoVince LV-One Evo Exhaust System
The new LeoVince LV One rear silencer
When this new product line was developed, the focus was on bringing to market a combination of perfect, tested technology, ultramodern design and outstanding value for money.
- So the exhaust is made entirely from TIG-welded AISI 304 stainless steel and has a flattened oval profile at the top and bottom.
A superb sandblasted finish creates a titanium look that combines sportiness and elegance.
- The rear outlet cap is made of carbon: Lightweight, impact resistant and heat-resistant.
- If you remove the dB absorber, you end up with an open racing silencer (not approved for road use under the German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO).
- This end cap comes in two versions: vertical for a side-mounted exhaust and horizontal for underseat mounting
- The front sleeve on the manifold side is also new: No longer the earlier style with sharp lines and conical shape, but instead very streamlined and sporty.
- The canister strap is made entirely of carbon. The connections are AISI 304 stainless steel and, where necessary, are TIG-welded.
- The shape of the manifold and silencer is specifically tailored to each model of engine so as to further improve the torque and peak performance. Of course, everything complies with the regulations.
- With EC type approval
Test reportsIssue 18-2017
In its 18-2017 issue, "Motorrad" magazine tested seven exhaust systems on the Honda CRF 1000. The LeoVince LV One was awarded a MOTORRAD PRACTICAL RECOMMENDATION. The following features were given special mention:
- High-quality exhaust in every detail
- Tension-free installation
- Provides a boost in the speed range between 4000 and 6000 rpm
- 1 hp increase in engine powerIssue 8-2014
"Motorrad News" magazine tested six different aftermarket exhausts on a BMW R 1200 GS in its 8/14 issue. The LeoVince LV One was awarded a BEST BUY recommendation. The following features were given special mention:
- Saves more than 2 kilos in weight
- Lowest price of all the silencers tested
- Impressive sound
- Very well engineered