Kettenmax Premium Chain
Cleaning & Lube Device
Manufacturer details: Kettenmax-Premium
Chain bucket for motorcycle
It was just for private use on his own motorcycle that Josef Pesl began working on designing a cleaning system for drive chains. But because all his friends and acquaintances suddenly wanted to own such a handy piece of kit for themselves, he soon began to mass produce them. The Kettenmax is now patented globally and has a first class reputation - not only in Europe - as the clean solution for those who want to preserve the performance of their chains.
Catalogue page: 698
Perfect all-round chain care - that's what the Kettenmax *Premium* Cleaning and Lube Device delivers. You get a complete system that includes the necessary S100 Liquid Cleaner (250 ml) and Chain Spray (75 ml).
The sturdy Kettenmax *Premium* is made of high-quality materials and built to last. A quick-lock fastener makes the device very easy to install, while the compact dimensions mean that fitting it to your chain is very simple, even in the proximity of the wheel rim. The Kettenmax comes with the right brush for every chain (21 brushes in total). Templates are provided to help you select the correct brush. A special drain bag is supplied, which you attach to the Kettenmax to catch any excess cleaning liquid and lubricant. Perfect for environmentally friendly disposal of the residues. This drain bag is reusable.
1 upper box, 1 lower box with screw connection for drain bag, 3 double-row spray brushes, 4 side cleaning brushes (red), 4 side cleaning brushes (green), 4 side cleaning brushes (blue), 4 side cleaning brushes (black), 2 brush wipers, 3 threaded nozzles, 1 rubber closure, 1 drain bag with screw top, 1 lubrication adapter, 1 large hook, 2 small hooks, 2 cords with quick fastener, 1 long connecting tube, 2 short connecting tubes, 1 Y connector, chain templates, screw top with hose connector, 1 S100 Chain Cleaner 250 ml, 1 S100 Chain Spray 75 ml.
Advantages of a chain cared for with Kettenmax *Premium*:
- Chain and sprockets are perfectly cleaned, lubricated and protected against rust.
- Extends service life by 200-300%, which saves you money.
- Much lower maintenance. A chain maintained with Kettenmax stretches 30% less, which means lots more miles before the tension needs adjusting.
- More power to the rear wheel. Chain friction is a cause of power loss between engine and tyre. Chain care with Kettenmax considerably reduces friction, which means more horsepower is transmitted to the rear wheel.
- Lubricant is not flung off onto the rear tyre, firstly, because it is sprayed on in small, measured amounts and, secondly, because of the precise application and distribution. Tested on the race track
- No lubricant is sprayed onto frame or rim. The lubricant spray is applied direct to the inner side of the chain by the Kettenmax system.
- Very economical use of cleaner and lubricant because they only go where they are needed, with no waste. This saves you money and is good for the environment.
- The reward for Kettenmax care is exact gear-shifting with minimum effort.
- The chain runs smoothly, and gear shifting is more responsive. Chain care with Kettenmax prevents chain slap, clanking and squeal, resulting in a quietly purring chain and greater safety. The most common cause of a broken chain is inadequate care. Increased friction and heat lead to premature wear and weaken the chain. Chain care with Kettenmax effectively prevents this, and therefore greatly helps improve safety.
Danger. Extremely flammable aerosol. Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Pressurised container: may burst if heated. May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
Test reportsIssue 07-2007
The verdict from "mopped" magazine was:
- Great for regular and year-round bikers. Now even more user-friendly...
Test verdict from "Motorradfahrer" magazine:
- Chain cleaning may not be absolutely essential, but regular lubrication certainly is. The Kettenmax does both of these jobs really well, in both ecological and economical terms..."