Highway 1 Retro III leather jacket
Manufacturer details: Highway 1
American Way of Biking
Highway 1 motorcycle and leisure clothing brings the "American way of biking" to Europe, and will appeal especially to cruiser and chopper riders who prefer rugged bike leathers and classic cuts, without having to compromise on modern safety features. Jackets, vests, trousers, helmets, boots and gloves all come in coordinated designs. Lots of accessories, from belts to bandanas, round out the wide range.
Catalogue page: 193
Most traditional, high-quality outer material with cult status for motorcycle clothing and accessories. Unmistakable in its natural, high-quality look, the strong image, ideally suited to both figure-hugging and highly functional designs. The biker's "second skin" still has the edge over any textile material when it comes to safety and resistance to abrasion and tearing. The way the material stretches as the clothing is worn means that leather clothing adapts to the body contours ideally, thus also guaranteeing that protectors fit optimally. Leather clothing should therefore always be bought with a close fit. Impregnation, leather oil and surface coatings guarantee good weather protection and a degree of rainproofing, but unfortunately also limit the breathability. Relatively heavy, but enthusiasts value this as a "quality feature". Looked after properly, it is very durable. Because leather does not itself offer much thermal insulation, the other features of the garment, or the base layers of clothing, must provide some help here.
This clothing has a connecting zip.
Highway 1 Retro III leather jacket
Thick buffalo leather jacket with striking retro style. A real Highway 1 star for chopper fans and as leisurewear.
- Contrast piping on the front and lower pockets
- Decorative printed and embroidered motifs
- Lightly quilted and removable thermal inner vest, 100% polyester and upper back 100% cotton (padding 100% polyester)
- Adjustable waistband and cuffs
- All-round and short connection zippers
- 3 outside pockets
- 2 inside pockets + 1 phone pocket + 1 document pocket
- Removable SUPER SHIELD shoulder and elbow protectors
- Elbow protectors are height-adjustable
- ISO 4916 safety seams at the impact points
- Optional: SUPER SHIELD back protector (Order no. 20019169) can be retrofitted
- Strong buffalo leather, 1.0-1.1 mm thick
- Leather reinforcement on the shoulders and elbows
- Fixed mesh lining, 100% polyester
The texture and colour of the leather may vary due to the tanning process and can also change with time.
Highway 1 Retro III leather jacketCompare product
Product details outer shell Buffalo leather reinforcement Double layer on shoulders and elbows membrane None permanent lining 100% Polyester mesh lining removable lining None additional feature None removable protectors Shoulders and elbows protector pockets prepared for Back protector width adjustment Hem and wrist reflective material None waterproof outside pockets 0 non waterproof outside pockets 3 Overview of product features breathable – waterproof – water repellent – removable membrane – thermo insulation – temperature regulation material – ISO 4916 safety seams at impact points height-adjustable elbow protector stretchable applications – Teflon coating for dirt-repellency – Scotchgard coating – nano technology – ventilation system – all-round connecting zipper short connecting zipper 2-way-front zipper – wind protection on sleeves – integrated shelter for kidney – inside pocket(s) pocket for documents mobile phone inside pocket high closure collar – crotch strap – removable collar – comfort collar with soft edge – windproof shape-retaining foam – padding –
Test reportsIssue 9-2018
"MO" magazine tested the Highway1 Retro III leather jacket in its 9-2018 issue and awarded it an MO Best Buy. The following features were given special mention:
- Robust buffalo leather
- Soft, unobtrusive protectors
- Slim fit, without pinching
- Good hem of neck, no draughts
- Attractive price, good qualityIssue 5-2018
In its 5-2018 issue, "Dream Machines" magazine tested a range of jackets for autumnal weather. The following features of the Highway One Retro II were given special mention:
- Heavy-duty model
- Strong buffalo leather
- Excellent protection features with safety seams, solid shoulder and elbow protectors and connecting zip