Manufacturer details: Gilles Tooling
For over ten years, Gilles Tooling has been offering innovative and high-quality accessories for track and road. Company founder Gerhard Gilles brings together his passion for the sport, as a former motorbike racer, and his technical skills as an experienced CNC machinist: The first multivariable footrest system gave rise to a dynamic company that now sells its products worldwide. Gilles Tooling sets standards in engineering know-how, performance and safety - authentic, technically superior, customisable. Making each and every motorbike a one-off.
This product is made of high-quality CNC-machined aluminium and will look great on your motorbike.
To ensure that it gives you many years of service, please observe the following care instructions:
1. After installing the product, and each time you wash your motorbike, apply a wax-based care product, e.g. Procycle Polishing Wax, Order no. 10004923 for protection against wind and weather. You may need to repeat the application after an outing in winter weather, rain or salty air (near the coast).
2. Remove any corrosion as soon as possible using a standard aluminium polish (e.g. Autosol Aluminium Polish, Order no. 10004421).
Have you come across this problem on your CB, CBR, GSX-R, R6 or RSV4? With these models from certain years, the factory gearshift shaft protrudes a long way from the engine housing and has no support, with the inevitable result that, after intensive use, the bearing bush wears and gearshifting becomes less precise and rather 'woolly'. The next thing is that oil starts to leak from the engine. In extreme cases, cracks may develop in the engine housing, or it can even fracture completely.
This design flaw can be rectified with a Gilles "Shiftholder"
Depending on the precise model of bike, this gearshaft support is equipped with needle bearings or plain bearings* and will prevent the wear described above, helping you to avoid expensive repairs, enabling you change gear precisely with a light touch, and at the same time giving your bike a professional look.
- the Gilles "Shiftholder" stabilises the shaft, prevents it from bending and ensures that its movements are precise; long gearshift travel due to worn components is avoided
- The needle or plain bearings ensure easy, precise gearshifting
- No more gearshifting problems
- Avoid the cost of repairs and spare parts due to worn original parts
- Hard-anodised surface (titanium colour)
- Precision engineered on CNC milling machines
- Can be combined with any aftermarket or original footrest system