Gilles Rearset VCR38GT
Manufacturer details: Gilles Tooling
For over ten years, Gilles Tooling has been offering innovative and high-quality accessories for track and road. Company founder Gerhard Gilles brings together his passion for the sport, as a former motorbike racer, and his technical skills as an experienced CNC machinist: The first multivariable footrest system gave rise to a dynamic company that now sells its products worldwide. Gilles Tooling sets standards in engineering know-how, performance and safety - authentic, technically superior, customisable. Making each and every motorbike a one-off.
German type approval ("ABE)" allows the accessory concerned to be used on the vehicle models listed in the test report. Here it is the type abbreviation and not the maker's designation that is important for identifying the vehicle. The test report must be kept with the vehicle and shown on request if you are stopped at a roadside check or at the regular safety inspection at the TÜV test centre.
Accessories with ABE type approval do not have to be entered in the vehicle registration documents. To avoid always having to always take the test report with you, you can have a relevant entry made by TÜV (subject to a charge).
If you wish to use an accessory on a vehicle not listed in the type approval, TÜV inspection is necessary. Although ABE type approval confirms the proper installation and safety of the product, it is the inspector who has to decide according to his technical expertise whether it is suitable for use on the vehicle.
This product is made of high-quality CNC-machined aluminium and will look great on your motorbike.
To ensure that it gives you many years of service, please observe the following care instructions:
1. After installing the product, and each time you wash your motorbike, apply a wax-based care product, e.g. Procycle Polishing Wax, Order no. 10004923 for protection against wind and weather. You may need to repeat the application after an outing in winter weather, rain or salty air (near the coast).
2. Remove any corrosion as soon as possible using a standard aluminium polish (e.g. Autosol Aluminium Polish, Order no. 10004421).
Gilles Rearset VCR38GT
Presenting the benchmark footrest system from GILLES.TOOLING. The ball-bearing-mounted VCR38GT footrest system is made of high-strength aluminium (Al7075). A single eccentric central screw allows infinite adjustment to suit your personal requirements. This system is the only one of its kind in the world, and incorporates the ideal combination of light weight, outstanding strength and uniquely elegant design.
Discover and experience perfection down to the smallest detail in terms of both function and engineering quality.
- Both standard and reverse gear shifting are possible
- Precise positioning by means of vernier scale
- Optimised ergonomics provided by a rolling toe piece on the gearshift - which reduces the required shifting effort
- Carbon heel guard included
- Infinite adjustment options: footrest position, gearshift travel, foot size
- Gearshift/brake lever: double ball bearing design, zero play
- Customisable brake lever positioning by means of eccentric adjuster
- Supplied pre-assembled, i.e. the footrest system does not have to be assembled from individual components!
- Type-approved for Germany
Good to know:
With the optional GILLES.TOOLING colour kits for the VCR38GT footrest system, you can add colour accents to your machine to make its individual character stand out even more. Available in Red, Blue, Gold, Silver, Green, Orange or Black. See "Compatible products".