Only In German
Manufacturer details: Delius Klasing Verlag
The publishing house Delius Klasing was founded by Johannes Klasing and Konrad Delius in 1911, with the business already focusing on special-interest topics such as flying, motorboats and automobiles. The war then prompted a move from Berlin to Bielefeld.
It was here that Konrad-Wilhelm Delius, the co-founder's 29-year-old son, started up the business again in 1945.
From 1963 it was under the joint management of the brothers Konrad-Wilhelm and Kurt Delius. During the 1970s and 80s the firm began publishing numerous special-interest magazines that are market leaders today.
It is also expanded its publication of books,
and in the 1980s broke into the soft media sector, selling videos and also computer software.
In 1982 Konrad Delius took over management of the firm as the fourth generation of the family. Today some 220 staff are hard at work living up to the principles of the company, which is among the top 20 in the publishing industry.
Only In German
A true classic among books for DIY mechanics: now fully revised and updated!
- Whether single, twin or more cylinders, carburettor or fuel injection, chain, belt or driveshaft: "Das Schrauberhandbuch" ("DIY Mechanics' Manual") presents a comprehensive guide to models and makes and discusses maintenance and repair options. This is a true classic among introductions to motorcycle technology. Easy to understand, written with plenty of humour and knowledge, it has already given a whole generation of motorbike fans an insight into how their vehicle actually works.
- When the first edition appeared in 1988, vehicle and engine technology was a subject reserved for rather inaccessible technical tomes. An introduction to the basics was hard to find - especially for the motorcycle - and those that were available were mainly aimed at budding technicians and engineers. Eventually, however, the experience-based approach of the motorbike mechanics of the 1970s and 1980s did find its medium in the "Schrauberhandbuch" ("DIY Mechanics' Manual").
- Since then this book has been constantly revised, updated and extended. Today it deals with topical issues such as:
- electronic engine management
- ABS systems
- Approx. 600 pages, approx. 300 two-colour illustrations
- Size 17 x 23.5 cm, flexible hardback
- Only in German language!