Cardo SHO-1 Duo
Manufacturer details: Cardo
Communication in motion
Would you like to communicate from motorbike to motorbike, listen to the traffic news on the radio, make mobile phone calls without taking your helmet off, receive voice directions from your GPS sat nav, and enjoy your favourite MP3 music in superb stereo quality? And all of this while you're on the move? Then what you need is a Bluetooth-enabled communication system from Cardo Systems. Cardo Systems are pioneers and market leaders in mobile communication systems. The wide range of products, from sturdy entry-level model through to multifunctional entertainment system, offer the right solution for everybody. What's more, quality and expertise from Cardo have impressed other premium manufacturers.
Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short and medium distances.
If you're looking to equip your new helmet with a new communication and entertainment system, why not let us carry out the installation for you professionally before we ship the helmet to you. This will save you time, and the system is ready to use immediately. Simply add this service (Order no. 10000130) to your shopping basket when you place your order.
You will find a list of all the communication systems that are compatible with your helmet under "Features" on the relevant helmet page.
For just EUR 19.99 per helmet, our experts will be pleased to provide this service.
Cardo SHO-1 Duo
Cardo SHO-1 - modular Bluetooth communication system especially for Shoei helmets*
(twinset with cable- and hybrid boom microphone)
The Cardo SHO-1 is the high-end Bluetooth communication system from Cardo and especially developed for Shoei helmets* and the needs of sports oriented drivers. The Cardo SHO-1 also offers many functions, and is a group intercom, stereo Bluetooth headset and RDS FM radio receiver in one. To ensure that you never need to take your hands off the handlebar, almost all the functions are conveniently controllable via voice commands. In addition to the rider-pillion intercom function with a maximum range of 1600 metres and up to 4 users in conference, the new One+8 function enables up to 9 bikers to communicate with each other in toggling mode, and they can even call each other via voice command. A safety bonus is provided by the integral group signal function, which enables you to warn fellow bikers behind you about critical situations ahead. You can use the Cardo Community web portal to individually adapt the Cardo SHO-1, and even plan tours with other users.
Voice instructions from your GPS sat nav (e.g. TomTom Rider or Garmin zumo) and phone calls from your Bluetooth mobile phone are forwarded to you direct, in top sound quality. An integral RDS FM radio receiver with 6 programmable station presets perfectly rounds off the wide range of features offered by this high-tech communication device.
The modular installation kit can be fitted to any Shoei helmet or other compatible helmets and is ready for operation in just a few minutes.
Features and functions:
Intercom connection (at least 2 Cardo SHO-1s or comporable Cardo headsets are required):
- "One+8" bike-to-bike intercom for up to 9 users with a max. range of 1600 m in toggling mode (1:1)
- Bike-to-bike intercom for up to 4 bikers in conference with 1600 m max. range
Mobile phone connection:
- Voice-activated call answer and reject (VOX technology) - you never need to take your hands off the handlebar
- Voice-activated call function and dialling (mobile phone must support voice control)
GPS sat nav connection:
- Connection to compatible Bluetooth-enabled sat navs (Bluetooth-headset profile included) for transmission of navigation instructions (e.g. Garmin zumo, TomTom Rider)
- Stereo loudspeakers
- Full-duplex connection: simultaneous speaking during intercom connection
- VOX function for hands-free intercom and telephone calls
- A2DP Bluetooth Stereo protocol for wireless hi-fi stereo connection to A2DP-compatible mobile phones or MP3 players
- AVRCP function - for remote control of music playback (play, pause, fast forward, rewind) with compatible mobile phones or MP3 players
- Digital signal processor for noise suppression and echo reduction
- Jack socket for connecting an MP3 player by cable
- Menu guidance via voice commands
- Automatic volume adjustment according to speed of travel and background noise
- Radio reception via integral RDS FM module (6 programmable station presets)
- RDS function - automatic search for the best radio frequency for each station
- Group emergency call function
- Software update via USB connection (requirement: PC with Windows XP, 7 or 8 or Mac OS)
- Android ans iOS App for configuring the scala rider via a compatible smartphone
- Individual configuration via Cardo Community web portal
- Click-to-Link function: spontaneous intercom communication with other compatible Cardo headset users in the vicinity without prior coupling/pairing
- Sturdy and weather-resistant
- Operating time: 13 hours (talk time)
- Standby time: up to 10 days
- 2 ultra-flat loudspeakers, suitable for tight helmets
- 2 x Cardo SHO-1 control unit
- 2 x Cardo SHO-1 battery unit
- 2 x cable and hybrid boom microphone
- 2 x stereo speakers
- 2 x charger
- 2 x Stereo connection cable (with jack plug)
- 4 x hook-and-loop pads for securing the loudspeaker in the helmet
- Operating instructions
*Suitable to following Shoei helmets: Qwest, XR-1100, Multitec, Neotec, J-Cruise, Hornet-DS, RJ-Platinum
Cardo SHO-1 Duo TwinsetCompare product
Product details Bluetooth specification Bluetooth 3.0 Maximum range between 2 devices 1.600 meter Intercom conferencing (DMC) Intercom conferencing (Bluetooth) Up to 4 users Intercom toggling mode (Bluetooth) Up to 9 users Smartphone app for easy operation iOS and Android Microphone types Cable- and hybrid-boom microphone User interface 6 buttons Mounting Helmet mounting via clamp mount Maximum standby time 7 days Maximum talk time 13 hours Weather protection waterproof Special Features Overview of product features Sat nav connectivity Mobile Phone Connectivity DMC Intercom technology – Driver to passenger intercom Bike-to-bike intercom Full-Duplex (intercom) Hands-Free Profile (HFP) Headset Profile Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) RDS radio MP3-Connectivity (via cable) MP3-Connectivity (wireless via A2DP) Voice Commands Spoke status announcements Voice controlled (VOX) intercom connection Voice controlled phonecall acceptance/denial Automatic volume adjustement Changeable speakers via 3.5mm jack plug – Included handlebar remote control – Optional handlebar remote control – Software Updates Use while charging – Universal intercom with different brands – Audio Multitasking – NFC compatible – Connection with two mobile phones Music sharing with passenger
Test reportsIssue 15-2014
"Motorrad" magazine tested the Cardo SHO-1 in its 15-2014 issue and rated it "VERY GOOD". The following features were given special mention:
- Specially designed for Shoei helmets
- Set is pre-adjusted, so no further tuning is required
- Easy to install
- Simple pairing with smartphones and MP3 players
- Integrated FM radio
- Networking of up to 9 users is possible