Cardo Scala Rider Q1
Manufacturer details: Cardo
Communication in motion
Would you like to communicate from motorbike to motorbike, listen to the traffic news on the radio, make mobile phone calls without taking your helmet off, receive voice directions from your GPS sat nav, and enjoy your favourite MP3 music in superb stereo quality? And all of this while you're on the move? Then what you need is a Bluetooth-enabled communication system from Cardo Systems. Cardo Systems are pioneers and market leaders in mobile communication systems. The wide range of products, from sturdy entry-level model through to multifunctional entertainment system, offer the right solution for everybody. What's more, quality and expertise from Cardo have impressed other premium manufacturers.
Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short and medium distances.
If you're looking to equip your new helmet with a new communication and entertainment system, why not let us carry out the installation for you professionally before we ship the helmet to you. This will save you time, and the system is ready to use immediately. Simply add this service (Order no. 10000130) to your shopping basket when you place your order.
You will find a list of all the communication systems that are compatible with your helmet under "Features" on the relevant helmet page.
For just EUR 19.99 per helmet, our experts will be pleased to provide this service.
Cardo Scala Rider Q1
Cardo Scala Rider Q1 - Bluetooth Communication and Entertainment System
(Individual set with cable and hybrid boom microphone)
The Cardo Scala Rider Q1 is the entry-level Bluetooth intercom system from Cardo. It offers many new and innovative functions, and is a stereo Bluetooth headset for a rider-pillion intercom and an RDS FM radio receiver in one. With this new device, voice instructions from your GPS sat nav (e.g. TomTom Rider or Garmin zumo) and phone calls from up to 2 Bluetooth mobile phones are forwarded to you directly, with top audio quality. An integrated RDS FM radio receiver with 6 programmable station presets rounds off the ample features offered by this communication device.
The wireless installation kit for motorcycle helmets can be fitted to almost any helmet ready for operation within a few minutes.
Features and functions:
Intercom connection (at least 2 Cardo Scala Rider Q1s are required):
- Rider-to-pillion intercom (voice-activated or manual)
Mobile phone connection:
- Simultaneous connection to 2 mobile phones
- Individually programmable emergency telephone numbers
- Voice-activated call answer or reject (Vox technology) - you never need to take your hands off the handlebar
- Voice-activated call function and dialling (mobile phone must support voice activation)
GPS sat nav connection:
- Connection to Bluetooth-enabled GPS sat navs (Bluetooth headset profile required) for transmission of navigation instructions (e.g. Garmin zumo, TomTom Rider)
- Interchangeable stereo speakers - users can thus connect their own speakers via 3.5mm jack plug
- Full duplex connection: simultaneous speaking during intercom connection
- VOX function for hands-free intercom and telephone calls
- A2DP Bluetooth stereo protocol for wireless hi-fi stereo connection to A2DP-compatible mobile phones or MP3 players
- AVRCP function - for remote-controlled music playback (play, pause, fast forward, rewind) with compatible mobile phones or MP3 players
- Digital signal processor for noise cancellation and echo reduction
- Jack socket for connecting an MP3 player via a cable
- Reception of this audio soundtrack (e.g. from MP3 player) for rider and passenger
- Voice-activated menu guidance
- Automatic volume adjustment according to travel speed and background noise.
- Radio reception via integrated RDS FM module (6 programmable station presets)
- RDS function - automatic search for the best radio frequency for each station
- Software update via USB connection (PC with Windows XP, 7 or 8 or Mac OS required)
- Click-to-Link function for fast connection to other compatible Cardo Scala Rider devices without prior coupling
- Control keys are large and can be used intuitively
- Sturdy and weather-resistant
- Operating time: 10 hours (talk time)
- Standby time: up to 10 days
- Cardo Scala Rider Q1-control unit
- Clamp mount with cable and hybrid boom microphone and detachable stereo speakers
- Adhesive pad mount (as an alternative to the clamp mount)
- Charger - with USB cable
- Hook-and-loop pad for securing the speakers to the helmet
- Hexagon key
- Operating instructions
Cardo Scala Rider Q1 Single setCompare product
Product details Bluetooth specification Bluetooth 3.0 Maximum range between 2 devices 10 meter Intercom conferencing (DMC) Intercom conferencing (Bluetooth) Up to 2 users Intercom toggling mode (Bluetooth) no function Smartphone app for easy operation Android Microphone types Cable- and hybrid-boom microphone User interface 4 buttons Mounting Helmet mounting via adhesive pad- or clamp mount Maximum standby time 10 days Maximum talk time 10 hours Weather protection waterproof Special Features Overview of product features Sat nav connectivity Mobile Phone Connectivity DMC Intercom technology – Driver to passenger intercom Bike-to-bike intercom – Full-Duplex (intercom) Hands-Free Profile (HFP) Headset Profile Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) RDS radio MP3-Connectivity (via cable) MP3-Connectivity (wireless via A2DP) Voice Commands – Spoke status announcements Voice controlled (VOX) intercom connection Voice controlled phonecall acceptance/denial Automatic volume adjustement Changeable speakers via 3.5mm jack plug Included handlebar remote control – Optional handlebar remote control – Software Updates Use while charging – Universal intercom with different brands – Audio Multitasking – NFC compatible – Connection with two mobile phones Music sharing with passenger
Test reportsIssue 02-2014
"Motorrad News" magazine tested five Bluetooth motorcycle intercoms in its 2-2014 issue. The Cardo Scala Rider Q1 came top in the test, being the only device to be awarded 14 out of a possible 15 points. The following features were given special mention:
- Great tone
- FM radio
- Easy to operate
- A wealth of features
- Good price
- Fantastic sound
- Very good range